Below is another makeup & hair contribution I put forth for Fshnunlimited Magazine's Winter 2016 Issue. This was a spotlight feature on talented local designer, Sid Neigum, accompanied by Elite Model Alexa L. ~ She was lovely to work with and truly embodied the type of character & persona needed to bring Sid's designs to life.
Photography: Allysandra Cervantes
Makeup & Hair: Sherlyn Torres
Fashion direction: Dylan Dias assisted by Rebecca Wengle
Peep some of the behind the scenes photos I shot with my iPhone ;)
To get Alexa's look, here are some of my product highlights & suggestions:
1. Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer $48 US ~ One of my all time faves! It's reliable & won't clog your pores
2. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Vallauris $48 US ~ Ultra lightweight & won't dry out your skin during the cold winter months (light to medium coverage)
3. Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturizer $72 CA ~ Just the right amount of hydration without the sticky feeling. It's great for combination & sensitive skin. Drier skin types may want to try a slightly heavier alternative during the coldest parts of winter
4. Anna Sui Pressed Powder $38 CA ~ I adore Anna Sui's packaging and her eco-friendly approach of selling refills for nearly all of her cosmetics which also saves us money :)
5. M.A.C. Coppering Eyeshadow $19 CA each ~ A gorgeous shade of copper to shade the crease and lower lash line using the #217 blending brush above & #219 pencil brush below
6. Anna Sui Rose Lip Balm $24 CA @ Hudson's Bay ~ Leaves your lips smooth and hydrated without a greasy feel. Opt for the rouge jar version for a hint of soft pink ;)
7. Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Bold Brunette & Brown Ebony $21 CA ~ My current go-to product for filling in, grooming & setting brows all in one step!
8. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner $22 US / $26 CA ~ Amazing for an intensely rich black line that glides on smoothly and lasts all day long.
9. Chanel Le Crayon Kohl in 69 Clair $30 US ~ Perfect for brightening up the lower water line and inner eye corners for a bright-eyed look. Also comes w/ a cute Chanel sharpener!
11. M.A.C. Sculpting Power in Shadester $26 CA ~ One of my fave contour products for lighter complexions. Won't oxidize or look orange and has a soft matte finish.
~ Click here to view another story I worked on with Fshnunlimited. To check out the full magazine, you can grab a hard copy at Indigo Chapters.