I’ve been using my Clarisonic Mia 2 for about a month now and I’ve definitely noticed a difference in the texture of my skin!
One thing I determined, is the biggest change occurs within the first few uses.
As previously noted, the kit came with four different brush heads: delicate (pale blue base), sensitive (b&w bristles with white base), normal (grey base) & deep pore cleansing (blue & white bristles on a white base).
I immediately started using the ‘deep pore’ cleansing brush…I’m a frequent exfoliator so I figured my skin could handle it! But I may have jumped the gun a little cuz the tops of my cheeks got slightly red after the 4th use :/ On the positive side, I *did notice that my skin was much smoother with less dry patches :)…
I switched to the ‘normal skin’ brush head on my 5th use which felt very much like the ‘deep pore brush’ - it’s still quite coarse so be sure to dampen the brush with luke warm water before using ;). I also switched my face wash to Dermalogica’s fragrance free cleansing gel - The one that came with the package was geared specifically for oily skin and my skin veers more towards normal to dry in the winter.After 1 week, my skin was still fairly smooth & glowy :)
The second week was a little different. I think my skin started purging which caused a bit of bumps on my forehead, cheeks & chin >.< - A friend who owns one mentioned this may happen in the 2nd or 3rd week of regular use so I knew it was a bound to occur!
I’ve just completed my 4th week of use and the bumps have started to go away - definitely less dull in all areas and less dry patches overall.
~ I saw fast results which means I can use it on clients prior to makeup application & see an immediate difference in their skin
~ The patended sonic technology really works to give a squeaky clean feel & smooth finish to the skin - there was no dirt or makeup residue left on my face after swiping a cotton pad soaked in toner
~ The battery needs to be regularly charged as it looses power within 6-8 uses
~ The bumps that may arise after a couple weeks of using. This may not happen to all but it’s possible if you don’t go for regular facials - that would be me! :S
Overall I would recommend this ultra cleansing / exfoliating machine because:
• It helps brighten a dull complexion
• You’ll no longer need granular exfoliants which can contribute to or worsen enlarged pores
• It can save you time & money since it’s fairly equivalent to getting a microdermabrasion facial at a spa
* Be sure to use a suitable cleanser for your specific skin type Try: Dermalogica’s (fragrance free) gel cleanser or Purity by Philosophy if you have dry, sensitive skin
* After a few weeks of twice a day use, switch to once a day for maintenance if you have ultra sensitive skin. Otherwise, you can always switch to a softer brush head (e.g. the delicate brush) to continue a twice a day ritual ;).