Model: ANTM’s Don Benjamin @ Wilhemina Models LA | Photographer: Drew Haran | Photo Retouching: Sherlyn Torres | Makeup & Grooming: Sherlyn Torres | Wardrobe Styling / Designer: By Katiya | Shot on location at Kamorra Art Centre | Casted by GetatKat
1) NARS liquid foundation in FIJI ~ This foundation gives a satin finish w/ buildable coverage | Don didn’t need much so I just applied a thin layer all over his face & additional thin layers on reddish areas of his cheeks
2) Dermalogica Active Moist ~ I applied this ultra light moisturizer first & foremost. Though the weather was still warm when we did the shoot, he had a little bit of surface dehydration - likely due to his jet-setting lifestyle. That said, this light weight lotion helped to plump up the skin without a heavy feel.
3) M.A.C. Brow Set Gel in Clear ~ Since Don already has nice, full brows, I only had to fill small areas with a dark brown powder using a small angled brush then sealed them in place with M.A.C.’s brow set gel in clear
4) Cargo Reverse Liner ~ I realize that this is a reverse liner and not a waterline Kajal pencil, however, I started using this back in the day when Cargo never had a kajal in this shade specifically for eyes. Long story short, I improvised in the past and have stuck to this liner even after they released a beige in their swimmables line ~ I simply prefer the colour and texture of this product for the waterline ;).
5) Lancome La Base Primer ~ I always use this primer 1 to 2 minutes after moisturizing ~ it really helps to smooth out the skin and increases the staying power of the foundation by creating a barrier between the skin & makeup
6) M.A.C. Cosmetics Medium Concealer and Corrector Pallet ~ I love the fact that this compact comes with 6 shades: 4 concealer shades and 2 corrector shades so you can mix, match & customize to get the exact shade you need for each client
7) Jack Black lip balm with SPF 25 ~ this has been one of my favourite lip balms for years because it works so well! It’s actually from a men’s line called Jack Black but it’s fresh minty scent makes it pretty universal + the built in SPF is a bonus ;)